5 Tips To Enjoy Good Quality Sleep
A good quality sleep, just like a healthy diet and exercise, is incredibly important to your health. However, though many know of its importance, a significant number of people are still not able to fall asleep easily or stay asleep throughout the recommended duration of sleep.
When we don’t get enough shut-eye, we sacrifice more than just a good night’s sleep. Studies have shown that lack of quality sleep is associated with a greater risk of heart disease, stroke, Type 2 Diabetes, mental illness, increased inflammation, poor memory, and focus…etc.
While your body is asleep, your brain is still working hard to oversee a wide variety of biological upkeep, in preparation for the next day. Therefore, quality sleep can help you to:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce stress
- Improve concentration and productivity
- Improve immune function (i.e., lower the risk for serious health problems)
Quality sleep habits which is often referred to as “sleep hygiene,” includes sticking to a sleep schedule and removing electronic devices such as TV, computers, and smartphones from the bedroom so you can rest completely without any interference.
Here some tips to help you get a good night’s sleep:
- Set a schedule – go to bed and wake up at the same time each day
- Avoid eating or exercising at least 2 hours before bedtime
- Adjust the light and temperature to your comfort level. A dark and quiet bedroom will make you sleep better
- Relax before bed – use Kandesn® Hand and Body Lotion to massage your body